[ODE] 0.6-RC3

jonathan klein jk at spiderland.org
Sun Jun 4 06:47:18 MST 2006

On Jun 4, 2006, at 8:23 AM, Jason Perkins wrote:

> I just uploaded 0.6-rc3 to SourceForge. Unless a major issue is found
> I would like this to be last candidate before the official release. I
> will look into the Windows .pdf issues but I would rather not let that
> hold up this release. If there are any issues that you know must be
> resolved before 0.6, let me know asap.

RC3 is missing the generated configure file.

Also, there's a problem that the build process does not respect the
user's pre-existing LDFLAGS/CXXFLAGS environment variables as it
should.  This is a particular problem for building on Mac OS X where
these variables are required to build a universal (PPC/Intel) version
of the library.

I was able to get it mostly working by modifying the variable
definitions
in configure.in to something along the lines of:

$CXXFLAGS="-xxx $CXXFLAGS"

libfast, however, does not use the variables set here, so its flags also
need to be modified.  For that I had to add on the libfast_a_CFLAGS
variable
in ode/src/Makefile.am, though I'm not sure if that's the proper
place for
the change or not.

- jon klein