[ODE] Linker warnings on Windows

Morgan McGuire morgan3d at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 07:25:17 MST 2006

When I link against the debug build of ODE (from 0.6 rc2), I get about one
hundred linker warnings of the form:

oded.lib(OPC_VolumeCollider.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc70.pdb' was not
found with '...' or at '...'; linking object as if no debug info

I believe that the problem is that the debug build was compiled with the Debug
Info setting on 'PDB for Edit and Continue', which is useless to someone who
doesn't have the .pdb file and the original sources.   There is no way to
surpress this warning.

I recommend compiling the Debug build on Windows with the 'No Debug
Information' setting, which produces a smaller binary (no symbols) and avoids
all of these warnings.

-m