[ODE] Problem with Hanging Objects under gravity

achaudhry achaudhry at ariworld.com
Mon Jul 31 21:23:13 MST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to model a situation where I am hanging a rope from a high
structure. As suggested in the forum, I used both sphere and small boxes (in
seperate trials) to model the rope. I am using fixed joints between the small
objects to form the rope and using a fixed joint to connect it to the high
struture from where i want to hang it.

This model is not succesfull as within a short span of time, due to gravity ,
the ropes start swinging, and fnally become unstable.

Please suggest me on where am i making a mistake.
Thanking you,
Amber