[ODE] ray changes from 0.5 to 0.6

Chris M. czb182 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 23 20:56:09 MST 2006

Hello, I'm having a problem using 0.6 ODE that I'm not having with 0.5.

I this little world with a ground
ground = dCreatePlane (world_space, 0, 1, 0, 0);

and i have car driving on it with a laser(ray).  I check for collision with
only the ground and return the distance.

   	if (dCollide (laser_ray, thisGround, 0, &contact.geom, sizeof
(dContactGeom)))
	{
		least_depth = contact.geom.depth * m_laserRange;
		printf ("least depth is %f\n", least_depth);
	}

This works fine in ODE 0.5, but in 0.6 the car drives along with the ray
returning distances that are extremely large.

Have any changes been made to ray class from 0.5 to 0.6?