[ODE] Trimesh As Ground??

Danklefsen, Allen adanklefsen at bmh.com
Thu Jul 20 09:56:08 MST 2006

Hello,

I'm building a simulation using ode, delta3d, and osg. For my initial
setup I have a ground (as a trimesh) and another object also as a
trimesh. No matter what options I set, it always seems to bounce off the
terrain when I don't want it to. I've gone through the FAQ section and
read that; and also have tried setting all kinds of params on the
contact joints to try and get this to stop. Is this expected for trimesh
vs trimesh? Should I have the ground broken up into different planes?
Thanks!

Allen Danklefsen

Game Dev : Delta3D Group