[ODE] Proposal: Change Heightfield Origin

Martijn Buijs buijs512 at planet.nl
Thu Jul 13 07:46:38 MST 2006

Jason wrote:
 > Consistency is good, I'd like this change. It will also help newbies,
 > who will certainly be expecting the origin at the center of the map.

While I agree that it would be more consistent compared with other primitives, I'm against it for
two reasons:
1) I believe it actually complicates things, and it is easy to apply the offset manually anyway.
2) I think neither origin is 'correct' (or wrong), therefor I suggest we keep it as simple as
possible (the way it is now).

Or perhaps we can make this optional somehow?

Reminds me of something else, I think the we should make the 'float' data path
precision-independent. If you are building with double precision, you need to pass the heightfield
data as doubles, which is rather undesirable (my mistake really).

Martijn