[ODE] Rotation matrix and Euler Angles - Easy

Hampus hampus at sxp.se
Wed Jul 12 01:18:47 MST 2006

Hi,

I can't find the Quaterion to euler conversion (dQtoEuler?) function
in ODE that you speak of. What is it called?

Just to be sure. It is possible and safe to do something like this:

dRFromEulerAngles(R, x, y, z);
dRtoQ(R, Q);
dQtoEuler(Q); // or whatever that conversion function is called

and get aproximately the same values after the last conversion as the
initial euler angles.

Cheers,

Hampa