[ODE] Bounciness

Holger Urbanek holger.urbanek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 00:43:30 MST 2006

On 7/10/06, Bob Prog <bobtheprog at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to simulate a walking biped using ODE.  When I set my amotor
> velocities to try and take a step, the biped immediately hops into the air
> in a forward motion.  I don't think the velocities I'm applying are so
> great
> that it is warranting such a hop.  I would like to just cruise along the

Setting velocities while simulatig is strongly discouraged. Instead of
setting velocities directly use forces.  See also the FAQ of the ODE-Manual.

BTW: If you are using a real robot, you normaly have either a position or a
current (==force) interface. So, stick to forces to have a realistic
behaviour and a full-flavoured "realistic" set of problems. ;-)