[ODE] Bounciness

Bob Prog bobtheprog at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 10 14:02:51 MST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a walking biped using ODE.  When I set my amotor
velocities to try and take a step, the biped immediately hops into the air
in a forward motion.  I don't think the velocities I'm applying are so great
that it is warranting such a hop.  I would like to just cruise along the
ground like a normal walk.  I am not setting the dContactBounce flag in the
collision callback, and I'm not using springs.  So what could be causing
this?  What am I missing here?  Or is it probably the velocities?

Thanks,
Bob