[ODE] Rotation matrix and Euler Angles - Easy

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Wed Jul 5 01:37:52 MST 2006

I believe ODE uses XYZ Euler.

RollPitchYaw has two meanings: either ZYX Euler order, or Tait-Bryan
order (where the latter rotates within the new coordinate frame for each
component). I believe the code posted attempts to do ZYX Euler.

There exists ODE code to convert between Euler and Quaternion and back,
so I suggest just using those (which means going through Quaternion,
rather than matrix, for this case).

Cheers,

          / h+