[ODE] building unstable branch on OS X

Hampus Soderstrom hampus at sxp.se
Mon Jan 30 20:23:53 MST 2006

Hi,

Is it possible to build ode-lib without having X11 installed on mac
OS X?

I tried this:

First I did:
sh autogen.sh && ./configure

Then I tried make which complains on missing x11 files.

If I do make ode-lib it complains that "make: *** No rule to make
target `ode-lib'.  Stop."

If I change to ode/src to run make on the lib source files I get this:

g++ -I../../include -I../../include -g   -o libode.so -shared -fPIC
obstack.o collision_util.o array.o ode.o error.o odemath.o
collision_kernel.o export-dif.o quickstep.o collision_quadtreespace.o
rotation.o collision_space.o collision_std.o joint.o step.o
collision_transform.o lcp.o stepfast.o mass.o testing.o mat.o timer.o
matrix.o util.o memory.o misc.o fastldlt.o fastltsolve.o fastdot.o
fastlsolve.o  -lstdc++ -lm -lpthread
powerpc-apple-darwin8-g++-4.0.0: unrecognized option `-shared'
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_main

Any suggestions on how to get it to build?

cheers
Hampa