[ODE] Unit test framework now in CVS

J. Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 19:25:21 MST 2006

After an absurdly long delay, I've finally found time to check in the
unit test framework. No tests yet (just a sample to show how its
done), just the framework.

I evaluated boost.test, CppUnitLite, QuickTest, CxxUnit, and
CppTestHarness. In my opinion, CppTestHarness was the best choice. It
is lightweight, fully contained (no external dependencies), and easy
to use. You can read more about it here:

  http://cnicholson.net/content.php?id=52

I've created a new directory tests/ in the top-level ode directory to
house the framework and tests. There is a simple always-pass test in
tests/colliders/box_sphere.cpp to demonstrate what a test looks like.

I did not try to integrate this with any of the build systems; I'm
barely finding enough time to work on the tests. I actually use
Premake myself (http://premake.sf.net/), and I will be contributing
scripts for it soon which can build the tests.

Going forward, I am going to start filling in some tests, initially
focusing on validating some of the patches and bugs that have been
sitting in the SF.net trackers for a while. Feel free to add tests of
your own, or forward code to me and I will package it up as a test for
you.

Feedback welcome and appreciated.

Jason