[ODE] Trimesh problems

Anders Olofsson anders.olofsson at biologigrand.ac
Sun Jan 8 08:58:16 MST 2006

Hello everyone again!

I have some problems with spheres on trimeshes:

1. Spheres never stops to bounce, they occasionally make a big jump too. (I
know there is no rolling friction, thats not the problem I think)
2. Spheres can suddenly make a sharp turn when rolling. (Actually I think
they make a little jump in a different direction than it was rolling).

My triangles are fairly large, problem 1 is more appearant on those large
triangles.

I have made a little mpg movie were you can see the spheres in motion, I'm
logging their trajectorys too, the red line after the sphere..
http://www.biologigrand.ac/lgh255/spheres.mpg (16.6 mb!)

My contact parameters looks like this:

contact[i].surface.mode = dContactBounce;
contact[i].surface.bounce=0;
contact[i].surface.bounce_vel=0;
contact[i].surface.mu = dInfinity;
contact[i].surface.mu2 = 0;

I've tried various parameters but the problems still remains. On a plane
the spheres behave normally with the same parameters!.

Not sure what to do.

Thanks for any suggestions!

--Anders Olofsson