[ODE] Simple FPS-like character

Szabo Gabor uchimata at axelero.hu
Wed Jan 4 06:43:47 MST 2006

Hi,

I've read about a capsule-ray geom couple here on the list, where you
generally use ray collision for the "leg", and a capsule is levitating
for the player's body. Ray is directed vertically from the bottom of the
capsule downwards to the ground. This technique allows you to set up a
custom height for a climbable terrain-delta by setting the height of the
levitation of the capsule (means setting the length of the ray to
generate contact joints). Collision for the environment - and for the
terrain if it is higher then the delta - is processed by the capsule
geom. This must do the job. Bye,

   Uchimata

ps: I'm not an ODE expert, so please wait for the replies to my mail,
I've never tried this :)