[ODE] adhesive strength of Hingejoint

Peter Kyme pk at dneg.com
Mon Feb 27 09:55:26 MST 2006

The approach of setting the desired velocity to zero and and infinite
maximum force will not produce a perfectly stiff joint because of
inherent limitations (the joint will always slip when under constant force).

The solution I ended up utilising (for a ball joint with attached motor)
was to wrap the joint with logic such that it would flip between being a
fixed joint and ball + motor joint depending on the forces it was
experiencing.

- Pete