[ODE] parallel ODE

Vast vasko.tim at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 10:53:21 MST 2006

This sounds interesting, if I understand you correctly. When you say in
parallel, do you mean to like.. multithread the collision system? and run
multiple collision detection calls in different threads?

I hope I got it right, but either way, the way I got it sounds like a Very
good idea (no reason in particular) and it also seems to be very do-able.

Regards,
Tim

On 2/23/06, J. Perkins <starkos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/22/06, Misha Smelyanskiy <mmaloff2002 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Can you please advice if anyone tried to parallelize ODE and what the
> > results of this are in terms of scalability?
>
> I'm curious about this as well, but haven't yet had a chance to try
> it. Has anyone tried stepping islands in parallel, or running
> collision tests in parallel?
>
> Jason

Tim Vasko
VaskoSoftware Development Company