[ODE] Character capsule movement?

Patrick McColgan patrick at torcinteractive.com
Mon Feb 13 01:49:59 MST 2006

If you do a search of the archives for things like character controller
avatar, you should find a few helpful posts.

I think the general consensus is to use a capped cylinder, attach an
amotor to keep it upright and levitate it from the ground.  Levitating
it using a ray cast to find the ground and apply forces to keep it up,
this helps with friction issues (applying forces will move it) and also
helps it move over uneven ground.

I've done all this and as far as I can see my character controller is
very stable (can't think of any problems), anyway have a search.