[ODE] How to obtain the torque of a joint using dBodyGetTorque

hajime hajime hajimeml at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 8 18:36:35 MST 2006

Hello,

 I have been trying to get the torque of a joint .
 I have something like:

 const dReal *tor = dBodyGetTorque(joint1);
 printf("x = %f, y = %f, z = %f\n", tor[0], tor[1], tor[2]);

 However, I keep getting zeros as the output.

 Is this something to do with the force accumulators being set to zeros?
 Could you please let me know how to get the torque of a joint?

 I read that somebody used:

 dBodyGetTorque(body)
 torquex#=dVectorX();
 torquey#=dVectorY();
 torquez#=dVectorZ();

 When I tried the above statements, I got error messages. Thanks.