[ODE] Building ODE on MinGW platform

Kevin Kassil kassil at cs.queensu.ca
Mon Feb 6 13:12:58 MST 2006

Hi Rodrigo,

I was building the latest CVS snapshot (9 October 2005) of ODE.  My version of
make is mingw32-make-3.80.0-1.  I did not use autotools.  I simply edited
"user-settings" and ran make.

It seems the problem is the lack of white-space between $(AR) and $@ in
Makefile.  So mingw32-make tries to execute "ar rclib/libode.a" instead of
"ar rc lib/libode.a".

Once I applied the patch below, ODE was able to build libode.a.

Kevin