[ODE] ODE and the STL

Daniel K. O. danielko.listas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 20:12:37 MST 2006

2006/12/26, Jon Watte (ODE) <hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org>:
> What, "I've tried that three times, and each time, it hurt like hell,
> for the following reasons..." isn't a solid argument? If that isn't, I
> don't know what is.

Maybe "solid" wasn't the right word. Abstract, that's how I should
qualify the arguments. I'm NOT insinuating that any of you are too
incompetent to use STL, or that the vendor that supplied the STL lacks
implementation skills, or that the "Linux community" (whoever they
are, be the GCC, libc, libstdc++, kernel, etc) are too stubborn,
whatever. It's just that it leaves a big margin for any possibility. I
don't think that I'm currently able to do better than any of the
people involved in each relevant part (inside and outside ODE); but I
think that dismissing a possible approach for those reasons isn't
enough.

That is, as you are certainly much more experienced developers than
me, I believe you are making the right decision; I fail to see the
proper reasoning, that's why I was being so insistent. But it'll more
likely be a "figure it yourself" matter; I'll get back at this issue
after doing some research and a lot of tests.

Sorry for bothering you so much.

--
Daniel K. O.