[ODE] New release?

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Mon Dec 25 04:03:17 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 09:44 +0100, Lode Vanacken wrote:

> Check the test: "test_trimesh" it does not work when using GIMPACT while
> it does work with Opcode.
> See my related post of 8th dec: "possible GIMPACT bug with
> dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple", which
> I think is where the bug is located. Especially as "test_moving_trimesh"
> do is working.

It's best to create a bug report at SF for this.
I did this for you, it is now at:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1621938&group_id=24884&atid=382799

Also: replacing dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple() with a
dGeomTriMeshDataBuildDouble() or dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSingle() does
not fix this.

So it must be in the remaining difference with the other
trimesh tests, that do work.

test_trimesh uses dVector3 with is an array of 4 dReals.
This makes the 'stride' different from that used in the other
demos.

My guess is that GIMPACT does not properly handle non-default
strides, whereas OPCODE does.

   Bram