[ODE] Inverse dynamics

Travis Ho travis at nus.edu.sg
Sat Dec 23 21:43:40 MST 2006

Hi!

I was wondering if ODE provides any functions to compute inverse dynamics. I've searched the manual, wiki, and mailing list archives, and I've noticed some discussion touching on inverse dynamics, but no mention of any API calls which would relate to it.

I have a bunch of motion capture data and was hoping to use ODE to calculate forces and torques from the motion of an articulated body.
Would ODE be able to help me with this?

If ODE can, could I get some direction as to which functions I should use?
Otherwise, would there be other physics engines which would be more suited for this task, or is inverse dynamics out of the scope of physics engines in general?

Thanks in advance for the advice! :)
Travis