[ODE] drawstuff + glew ?

Andreas Fredriksson deplinenoise at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 03:41:53 MST 2006

On 12/8/06, gabdab <gabdab at spamhole.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to handle gl extensions using glew on linux.
> While glew works fine ( I don't have support for higher fx anyway) on sdl I
> have an error while initializing it
> not being able to get gl version :
> ..
> Error: Missing GL version
> GLEW Version String: 1.3.5
> OpenGL Version String: terminate called after throwing an instance of
> 'std::logic_error'
>   what():  basic_string::_S_construct NULL not valid

It sounds as though your OpenGL implementation isn't behaving
correctly. Try running 'glxinfo' from a terminal window (attached to
your X server) and see what it reports in the version string--it
sounds as it's returning a null pointer instead of a character string.

Also make sure the program is linking to a correct version of OpenGL
if you have several on your system. Try 'ldd myprogram' and see if the
correct library is referenced.

HTH, Andreas

--
My other car is a cons.