[ODE] No plane v/s box collision

George Laskowsky glaskows at alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl
Thu Dec 7 10:33:59 MST 2006

El lun, 04-12-2006 a las 15:38 -0300, George Laskowsky escribió:
> Yes,
>
> void Simulacion::avanzaSim(unsigned long deltaT) {
>   static unsigned long delta=0;
>   delta+=deltaT;
>   dSpaceCollide(espacio, mundo, &callback);
>   while (delta>=50) {
>     dWorldStep(mundo, 0.05);
>     delta-=50;
>   }
>   dJointGroupEmpty(contactos);
>   robot->actualizar();
> }
>
> The code is in spanish, but it is easy to see that I am steping every 50
> milliseconds (deltaT is also in milliseconds).
> ¿Do you have more suggestions? I'm getting desperate :´(
>
> Thanks for the replay
>
> > Are you stepping your world?
> > if not, then let me say, you have to call some stepping-functions,
> > to let the physics-engine "move the bodies around".
> > after stepping you should clear the contactjoints.

Still no good results. Now I created a box geom without a body instead
of the plane, but the robot geoms-bodies only interact between them,
they go right through the floor.
¿Any clue?

The code:
  espacio = dSimpleSpaceCreate(0);
  plano = dCreatePlane (espacio, 0, 1, 0, -10);
  piso = dCreateBox(espacio, 1500, 30, 1500);
  dGeomSetPosition(piso, 0, -15, 0);

Thanks for your time