[ODE] possible GIMPACT bug with dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple

Lode Vanacken lode.vanacken at uhasselt.be
Fri Dec 8 11:50:13 MST 2006

Hi,

I was incorporating ODE and decided to use GIMPACT as it should improve
the collision detection between
trimeshes.

But when learning the API and using it, I took me very long to
understand what was making my triangles become
soup. It seems that when using GIMPACT and dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple,
the vertex stride is 4 * sizeof(float). But GIMPACT
takes for granted that this is 3 * sizeof(float) which is probably
mostly used when using the more complex creation function
(dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSingle).
When using the more complex functions my triangles are correct in ODE.

As I am not familiar with the ODE source, I'm not entirely sure that
this a bug, but it does seem as unwanted behavior which I saw no other
option than to override using another function. I also don't immediately
have a patch at hand or an idea on how to solve this.

Kind regards,
Lode