[ODE] ODE slow on itanium?

Bill Sellers wis at mac.com
Wed Dec 6 13:22:03 MST 2006

Yup, I get more or less the same results each time (not exactly the
same but as close as I've come to expect). For anyone who is
interested and for my specific application the run times were:

Intel Xeon 5160 3GHz       icpc 1.224s
Intel Xeon 5160 3GHz       g++  1.803s
AMD Opteron 252 2.6GHz     g++  1.477s
AMD Opteron 250 2.4GHz     g++  1.702s
AMD Opteron 250 2.4GHz     icpc 1.859s
AMD Athlon MP 2000+ 1.7GHz g++  3.360s
Intel IA64 1.6GHz          icpc 3.465s
Intel IA64 1.6GHz          g++  4.919s

The last 6 were running some flavour of Linux and the first two were
running MacOSX. These runs are all simulation only with no display
whatsoever and very little i/o beyond loading up the program, reading
a small data file and printing out the results. They all get 100% of
a cpu when running.

Cheers
Bill