[ODE] cylinder woes

Riley Lark rileylark at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 10:42:00 MST 2006

I was using a value of only 4 for flags to dCollide.  I changed it to
32, as it is in the test projects.  Now, I don't get the assertion,
but the cylinder is still in the wrong place and the application still
crashes... _hard._

Now, when the cylinder becomes completely flat against the box (before
just vaguely flat would crash, but with 32 points it must be much
closer to flush), I get one access violation writing to 0x00030fb8,
which is small enough to make me think that ODE may be trying to get
at a member of a null pointer.  Unfortunately, VS reports that "No
symbols are loaded for any call stack frame.  The source code cannot
be displayed."  At first I thought it was odd that not even my own
symbols were loaded, but then I noticed that the callstack is
literally hundreds of levels deep, in:

       ntdll.dll!7c9102d2()
       ntdll.dll!7c9102ed()
       ntdll.dll!7c90e3ed()
       ntdll.dll!7c9132f8()
       kernel32.dll!7c8105a4()
       ntdll.dll!7c90e46b()
       kernel32.dll!7c8105e7()
       kernel32.dll!7c810603()
       kernel32.dll!7c80e4a4()
       kernel32.dll!7c80e5ab()
       ntdll.dll!7c90378b()
       ntdll.dll!7c937860()
       ntdll.dll!7c90eafa()
       ntdll.dll!7c9037bf()

That pattern repeats itself (not in the same orders) for hundreds and
hundreds of lines, pushing my application completely off the bottom.

I am going to build the debug build of ode now to see if I can get
into the ode source where it's crashing~