[ODE] degrees of freedom in a slider

Remi Ricard remi.ricard at simlog.com
Wed Aug 30 08:40:16 MST 2006

Hi David,

>> I created a new joint which I call "Rotoide prismatic"  but the rotation
>> axis is perpendical to the axis of the  slider.
>>

> Would this be appropriate for creating a rotation joint as you would
> find in a office chair, i.e rotation around the vertical only, with no
> movement - if not, I'm wondering, how would you do that?  I was
> thinking a hinge with no stops, but would that not overflow/break if
> it span too far in one direction?

For now I don't think you can convert my "Rotoide Prismatic" joint to
have the same axis (as the joint in a chair).

I needed to have the 2 axis not parallel to split the motion and
rotation constraints in the function (GetInfo2).

I'm using my joint to simulate a piston with the attachment at the
bottom included in the joint (like the piston in the suspension of a car).

Remi