[ODE] Geom offset when not attached to a body

Arturo Colorado Garín acolorado at telefonica.net
Mon Aug 28 05:24:48 MST 2006

Hi:

I have a box geom which is not attached to any body. I need the origin of the box to be at one of its corners instead of its center. I've tried the offset function dGeomSetOffsetPosition() added a while ago but it asserts with the text "geom must be on a body". Not surprising given the dUASSERT(g->body) line right at the beginning of the function ;)

Is it really necessary to have a body in order to make the geom offset feature work? Or is it a kind of implementation bug?

Thanks in advance,
--Arturo.