[ODE] compiling ODE with Intel compiler

Bill Sellers wis at mac.com
Fri Aug 11 01:53:01 MST 2006

I tried it for a while without any problem (except lots of warning
messages during compilation) but this was pre 0.6. People suggest
it's quite a bit faster on intel chips but on AMD there was very
little difference so I went back to gcc. (If I had lots of time I
might try using ACOVEA to find out the best compiler options for my
particular application :)

I find it's a good exercise to run my code on a different compiler
every so often especially since Intel's spews out a very different
set of warnings than gcc -Wall.

Cheers
Bill