[ODE] getting forces from ODE

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Mon Aug 7 08:07:48 MST 2006

Hmm, surely, this is a faq, but I could not find it in the docs:

How can I get from ODE, the force that acts upon a body?
dBodyGetForce() is not usable, and I've found this in the archive:

http://q12.org/pipermail/ode/2004-July/013494.html

But the suggested feedback mechanism is linked to a specific
joint. I want the overall force, regardless of which joint was
responsable for it. (E.g: gravity forces are also present, yet
not linked to joints).

Also, I found this thread:
http://q12.org/pipermail/ode/2006-May/018734.html
But that one is very confusing....
surely what happens here, is calculating acceleration, not
forces?

thx,

  Bram

--
Bram Stolk, VR Engineer SARA, Amsterdam.   tel +31 20 592 3000

"Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
 operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit
 company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."