[ODE] Architecture for a FPS

berk berk at yogurt.com.tr
Wed Aug 2 01:27:52 MST 2006

Hi!

I'm trying to integrate ODE to a game engine, which is going to be used
by a FPS. I created a capsule for the avatar, and he can walk on every
kind of terrain without any problems.

Assuming that the avatar does not have any animations (he is like a
moving statue), I would like to implement such a feature; when the
avatar is hit from his hand, I'd like to call a function, lets say
"functionH()", when he is hit from his torso, another function, lets say
"functionT()", will be called. How can I use both capsule (for movement)
and hit boxes (for 'regional hit's) for the same object?

I'm not quite sure about the whole architecture of such a system, so any
ideas will be welcome :)

Berk Hulagu

Yogurt Bilgisayar Teknolojileri
Istanbul, Turkey