[ODE] dJointCreatePlane2D

Matthew Koichi Grimes mkg at cs.nyu.edu
Tue Aug 1 13:18:18 MST 2006

I got the dJointPlane2D code working with ode-0.6, and made a patch for
those interested. The patch and directions are now available off of the
2D constraint howto:

http://opende.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/HOWTO_constrain_objects_to_2d

It isn't something you'd want to apply to the main branch, mainly due to
my laziness:

1) It places the test code in drawstuff/test.pserocka. This is because
the test code hard-codes (sorta) the texture directory as "../textures".
Also, not being an autotools expert, I didn't know how to put the test
code in the same directory as the other tests and have it be compiled.

2) You suggested that the new code could be added as a contrib rather
than the core. Not sure what that means exactly, but if it means keeping
the source files untouched and isolating the changes to separate source
files, I didn't do that. Maybe interested parties can look over the
patch file enclosed and see how to factor the patches out of the core
codebase. It'll actually be easier to look over pserocka's original
README and source to see which files were edited and how:

http://www.mathematik.uni-bielefeld.de/~pserocka/ODE-Plane2D/

-- Matt