[ODE] Building on MacOSX (and now Linux)

Ryan Gardner ryebrye at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 11:46:25 MST 2006

I think that a part of the problem building on a mac is that the
autotools aren't finding the OS X's GL libraries correctly.

If I manually edit the generated config files for drawstuff and
destest to include and link with the /usr/X11R6/include and /usr/
X11R6/lib it will get past the Open GL complaining in the make
process...

I found an m4 script on the web that may or may not help solve this
problem. It's located here:

http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/ax_check_gl.html

I have not done anything with autotools before, so I have no clue
where to put that script (or if it would even help)

After I sidestepped the OpenGL hurdle by manually editing the
makefiles, I had another problem come when trying to link libode.dylib

ld: Undefined symbols:
__Unwind_Resume

That's where I'm at now. FWIW, ode 0.5 builds and runs fine on my
Mac... so I know that the GL stuff (at least the old GL stuff) will
work and build and run... etc..

Ryan