[ODE] Building on MacOSX (and now Linux)

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 07:24:00 MST 2006

Sorry Guys - I keep forgetting a Gmail 'reply' doesn't go to the list.

Actually Bram, disabling the version check may make it work with whats
in the cvs tree, but is not a proper way of doing things, and may
break other builds. The idea is to be able to unpack the code on any
supported plat and build it with minimal (read 'no') change.

We need to arrive at the root cause of the failure and adjust the
config environment accordingly, in the interest of keeping things
clean, professional, and standardized.

Just my .02$US.

Also, speaking of standards, the specifics of the osx opengl prob are
that on osx, openGL is part of the cocoa framework. I have OpenGL on
this box, and functional, but the buld environment doesn't know where
to check for it on the mac; unfortunately I wont be able to push on it
until after semester finals (about ten days or so).

I'll probably be crying for assistance from another mac user at that time LoL

Cheers for now,
James