[ODE] Patch to optimize the angles calculation of Universal joint

Jean de Largentaye jlargentaye at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 03:24:01 MST 2006

By odometry, you mean the distance traveled by your object, right? I'm
not sure of any good solution, but I have doubts that Angle2 would be
useful, if only because your wheel could have turned more than 360
degrees between each step. So the returned value will already be
modulo 360 degrees since the last step. Wouldn't this be a problem for
you?

Furthermore, are you sure your vehicle hasn't "slipped" on the
terrain? In which case, even if you do have adequate values of Angle2,
it won't be consistent with the distance traveled by the vehicle.

I guess just making a sum of distances traveled by the centre of mass
of your vehicle between each time step isn't what you're looking for?

Regards,
Jean