[ODE] Progress on doxygen?

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Fri Apr 28 01:34:14 MST 2006

Hello,

It is pretty clear to me:

Reference guide (API) should be under developer
control, close to src code... so doxygen.

Programming guide (howto's tutorials concepts)
should be under community control ... so wiki

Once the API is fully documented with doxygen, we
should remove it from the programming guide to
avoid going out of sync.

Also, I've been thinking about the source code
comments. Jason likes them in .cpp, but I think
.h is better: there are a lot of funcs/structs/constants
that are defined in .h only, and not present in .cpp
A simple example is inlined funcs... they dont show
up in cpp files (other than being called).

NOTE: I've made a start with drawstuff.h, as that
one is small and contained. Next step is to do
the core api as well.

I propose that someone who wants to document
a specific part of the api: feel free, commit to
svn, and check the results on
http://opende.sf.net/docs/
Announce that you are doing/have-done documenting,
so that there is no double effort on the same file.

   Bram

PS: I just saw that the cronjob that needs to update
the doxygen output is still not working, so you need
to do a manual update if you want to see the results
on opende.sf.net probably by logging into the sf
shell servers.