[ODE] Adding Negative Masses

Auro auro.ghosh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 23:48:21 MST 2006

Of course ur right, (though I'd still wonder what wud happen to the inertia
tensor after the -ve addition, wud it still remain +ve definite? if yes how
do u show that?) Also my point is irrelevant if the final total mass is
positive, then of course ur expecting everything to be fine excepting
numerical errors. What I meant was in the case of a -ve mass itself. That
definitely is contradictory to the assumptions of physics - I mean certain
equations wud probably still be solved fine, but u'd get funny results --
like u mentioned friction speeding a body up rather than slowing it down.
But using this strategy for simulating a balloon? That's more like assuming
a negative value for a distance (norm).
 -Auro