[ODE] Adding Negative Masses

Jaroslav Sinecky sinecky at telefonica.net
Wed Apr 26 02:44:59 MST 2006

I think this is to much of an adventure to let ode simulate body with
negative mass. It's not just about gravity, it's about inertia. What
should equations of motion do when they encounter negative inertia?
Accelerate the object when some force try to stop it? (as when hitting
the plane)
For a balloon I would prefer to just apply upward force at each step :-)

For dMassAdd, the idea of negative mass is not bad, but I don't dare to
say if it will work. Anyway I see assert for mass being positive in
checkMass function. Maybe dMassSub would be better.

Jaroslav