[ODE] collision matrix

Alen Ladavac alenl-ml at croteam.com
Sat Apr 22 11:28:00 MST 2006

> On 4/22/06, Bram Stolk <bram at sara.nl> wrote:
>> - cyl vs cyl is a very hard one. I'm affraid it takes
>>   a mathematics Phd to do this properly. I did see a
>>   paper with an algorithm for this though, floating on the net.
>>   No sample code though.

My offer for cylinder-cylinder and cylinder-capsule (and any other)
colliders from Serious Engine 2 is still valid. If anyone has time and
will to port them over to ODE, I'll be glad to provide the code and
some guidance. But I don't expect to have the time to debug the
results. I can only assert that they do work correctly for us. (What
anyone will be able to validate directly as we will be releasing the
editor soon.)

Cheers,
Alen

P.S. Believe it or not, no math PhD's were involved in writing that
code. ;) Though I do admit, cyl-cyl was the hardest.