[ODE] Finding Force to reach desired speed(Urgent!!)

Jaap Stolk jwstolk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 08:59:51 MST 2006

On 4/19/06, c2sode at gmail.com <c2sode at gmail.com> wrote:> hi all,> I need to set my vehicle's speed to a desired value in one world step. As> far as I understand ı need to give force so that the vehicle reaches that> speed in one world step, but ı don't know how to set this force. what is> this force. in my update function, ı'm changing speed as below. but how to> change the force? I will be very very very glad if anybody can help me.
can't you just set the speed ? That way you won't need any simulationsteps, and the speed will actually be exactly what you want.