[ODE] ODE Wiki online

Martijn Buijs buijs512 at planet.nl
Tue Apr 18 04:45:41 MST 2006

Jean de Largentaye wrote:
> I've been working on it for the past week to try and get some basic
> stuff on it, and you'll already find a copy of the current manual on
> it, cut into smaller sections. I hope this format will make it easier
> to work on.
> It's late and I should better be in bed, so I won't say much more

Great work. :)

I've gone through the manual pages and fixed some of the formatting (mostly the struct/function
definitions and sample code). I'll try to go trough the pages more thoroughly later (whenever I have
the time) and remove/replace remaining HTML code, and generally make them as readable as the 'old'
HTML manual is.

> you'll need to create an account to edit it. It's a trivial step
> that doesn't even need email confirmation. This is a proactive measure
> to try and reduce spam and vandalism.

I've seen spambots that still get in, all admins should read up on spambots on the MediaWiki Admin
Guide. Once it happens, you should know how to add the IP to the block list as quickly as possible,
otherwise you're in for a lot of rollbacks.

> Image upload is activated, so go nuts!

If there are any request for additional 2d/3d illustrations for the manual, I'd be glad to help you out.

> and cosmetically (the ODE logo is small-ugly....)

If there is a need for a new ODE logo (or just one for the Wiki) just ask, I've done some logo
designs in the past. :)

Martijn