[ODE] Building on MacOSX (and now Linux)

irrisor@dev.java.net irrisor at dev.java.net
Mon Apr 17 10:41:39 MST 2006

Rodrigo Hernandez wrote:
> I at least, am debuging blindly here, for Windows and Linux (32bits) I
> can check and make sure everything works, for a Mac,
> I am going to need a bit more help.
Ok, lets focus in Linux first then, as I have the same behaviour there
[on a Madrake 9.2 with automake 1.9 and autoconf 2.59, gcc 3.3.1]:
1. 'sh autogen.sh' prints this:
   --
   : command not found2:
   : command not found11:
   : command not found23:
   Running aclocal
   ': No such file or directorytory `.
   Running autoheader
   : command not found27: autoheader
   Running automake
   'utomake: unrecognized option `--copy
   automake: Try `/usr/local/bin/automake --help' for more information.
   Running autoconf
   : command not found31: autoconf
   : command not found32:
   Now you are ready to run ./configure
   --
-> running all commands directly in bash works fine

2. './configure' seems to work fine, only the last line is a little bit
suspicious:
   --
   [...]
   configure: creating ./config.status

3. 'make configure' seems fine, too
4. 'make ode-lib' prints lots and lots of these:
   --
   [...]
   In file included from ode/src/array.cpp:24:

5. make all (as well as compiling my own apps against ode-lib) gives me
lots and lots of missing symbol or unsatisfied link messages. Adding all
missing .cpp files (e.g. collision_*_*.cpp) to the Makefile helps here.

I hope this is enough information to fix the build stuff. If not I'm
happy to provide more.

Best regards,
Irrisor