[ODE] branches, release, etc

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Tue Apr 4 10:44:33 MST 2006

J. Perkins wrote:

>I found the output of `./configure --help` confusing. Trimeshes are
>enabled by default, but `--enable-opcode` is listed as an option.
>Shouldn't it be `disable`?

Yes, it should be disable, I guess when the change was made no furter
changes were made to reflect the changes on configure help
messages.

>Is there any good reason to continue to support these flags? Trimeshes
>have improved significantly since 0.5, I'd be inclined to just always
>include them. This seems to be a point of confusion for new users that
>could be avoided.

Of course there is a good reason, Opcode is a separate package from ODE,
with a different author, and different goals,
unless the relevant code from Opcode is extracted and merged into ODE,
the option to link it out should remain there.