[ODE] recomended example code?

Jaap Stolk jwstolk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 02:49:58 MST 2006

To start, tanks to everyone for putting all this effort into ODE !

I just installed the ode-060223 snapshot.
I had a bit of trouble compiling: "undefined reference to gluBuild2DMipmaps"
and since I do not want to mess with my currently installed open-gl
lib's, i just disabled the build of the drawstuff stuff and the tests
in the generated makefiles. (I couldn't find a configure option)

I'm thinking about simulating things for animations, rendered with
Pov-ray. If needed, I will use my own open-gl code code for previews.
If necessary I will eventually contribute extensions to ODE. (is there
a good way to do cloth simulations in ODE?)

Now for my problem:
All examples in ODE seem to be using dsSimulationLoop(). are there any
simple examples of a straightforward ODE initialization and simulation
?

There is "3.10. Typical simulation code" in the doc's, but some actual
(preferably C) code would save me some time.

I found some code here:
http://www.vrac.iastate.edu/~streeter/avh/avh_fall_2003.html
but I'm not sure that's the correct way to use the current ODE.

Jaap. ( http://jwstolk.xs4all.nl )