[ODE] Scientific modelling of a runner

Manohar B.S sciphilog at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 09:17:28 MST 2005

Interesting research.
What I understood from your brief explanation is that
you have key-frame data of a real human motion and you
want to enforce that on the jointed-rigid-body system.

I think you need to model the joints as a combination
of ode joints to get the right effect (ex: shoulder
and hand). These joints then have to be

The masses and the tensor also has to match the
approximately that of human (in proportions, but close
to 1.0 as some mean).

I think it is worth exploring ODE for your research.

Good luck!

Manohar B. Srikanth