[ODE] discontinuities/accuracy of integration

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Sun Sep 18 19:07:18 MST 2005

Could you describe what you mean by "discontinuities" ?

ODE is time stepped. This means that it's discontinuous at every time
step; it's a stairstep function, not a smooth matematical function.

Regarding the solver, if you're using dWorldStep, the solver uses a
traditional full matrix solver; you could probably take out the part
where it starts solving the matrix (after creating it), and put in
whatever you want. There are already three solvers to choose from:
dWorldStep, dWorldStepFast, and dWorldQuickStep, so there should be
ample samples for a fourth implementation :-)

Cheers,

			/ h+