[ODE] How to Avoid Walls when using 4 spheres and box for a Car

John Donovan JohnD at MagentaSoftware.com
Fri Sep 16 10:33:50 MST 2005

Yes, I had similar problems in a little simulation I did. I got the car
to skid and turn over nicely, but the wheel sphereskept it propped up on
its side in a most unnatural looking angle.
I presume there's a good reason why people don't use cylinders for
wheels; anyone care to explain why? Also what about creating a torus
collision geom? That would reflect the shape of a wheel quite nicely.
Are intersection tests with torii fairly straightforward, or (as I
suspect) quite complicated?

-J