[ODE] Updated convex collision demo for ODE, and integrating questions (Russel?)

phpbb at erwincoumans.com phpbb at erwincoumans.com
Wed Sep 7 08:14:16 MST 2005

Hi,

I just uploaded a new demo, with updated convex collision primitives using
Bullet GJK. It adds a bit of damping, and fixes the crash because of object
removal. Also instead of bunnies, it has tetrahedra and cones. Press 1,2,3
or 4 in the windows demo 'bulletgjk_ode.zip':

http://207.234.235.180/ftp/pub/test/index.php?dir=physics/

For adding damping, I just sticked with directly accessing the angular
velocity, and couldn't find an exposed iterator of bodies in the world, so I
had to include "ode-0.5/ode/src/objects.h", is there a better way of
iterating objects ?

I wonder how the preferred way is of adding collision detection to ODE ?
I had to add 1 primitive collision function:

int dCollideConvexConvex(dxGeom *o1, dxGeom *o2, int flags,
			  dContactGeom *contact, int skip);

Also, I derived the dxConvex type from dxGeom, but this also required
modifications into ode src.

It would be nice to get this code into the 'contrib', but then it has to be
integrated in a more 'official/preferred' way. Can anyone help with this ?
Russel ?

Thanks,
Erwin Coumans