[ODE] making a movie

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Wed Sep 7 10:11:37 MST 2005

Esra Suel wrote:
> How do I make a movie in avi or mpeg or in any other format
> out of the graphical simulation output of ODE.

In short, you will need glReadPixels() and an encoder.
A minimalistic example I wrote, that works by spitting
out intermediate uncompressed frame data is explained here:

Another approach would be to add the encoder code to you app,
so you dont dump them to intermediate files. If you want to
go this route, use fame.sf.net